There are a couple of lose weight vitamins that your body absolutely needs in order to go through metabolism. Plus, you’ll encounter a couple of other vitamins that you’ll also need to safely go through metabolism without killing you.
The Big B’s
B-complex vitamins are absolutely essential to your body’s metabolism. Without even just one of them, don’t expect the food you’re eating to go down the drain anytime soon. However, there are some particular “lose weight vitamins” in the B-complex family that play particularly important roles in weight-loss:
– Vitamin B 1 / Thiamine ~ for proper metabolism of starch and sugars. Found in eggs, whole grain flour, potatoes, oranges and asparagus.
– Vitamin B 2 / Riboflavin ~ for proper metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Found in milk, cheese, leafy green vegetables and almonds.
– Vitamin B 5 / Pantothenic Acid ~ for the generation of energy to be used in the body. Found in green vegetables, whole grain flour, chicken, eggs, beans and green vegetables.
– Vitamin B 6 / Pyridoxine ~ for the metabolism of unsaturated fatty acids. Found in eggs, beef, chicken, bananas and avocados.
– Vitamin B 12 / Cyanocobalamin ~ for the whole gamut of metabolism: digestion, protein synthesis, food absorption and general metabolism. Found in meat, fish and eggs.
Other Stuff to Help Lose Weight
While the B-complex family is the star of the “lose weight vitamins,” there are some other materials that can help you reach your goal of losing weight in the long run:
– Vitamin C ~ this little puppy not only helps your immune system as heavily advertised, but it also helps keep you healthier by cleaning up the waste products that metabolism leaves behind. These waste products are called free radicals, and these free radicals are responsible for quite a number of problems in the body: ranging from arthritis to cancer.
– Fiber ~ if you have a problem feeling full after a light meal, go for fiber-rich foods instead. Fiber helps promote better digestion by making the food stick around longer in your digestive system while giving you that full feeling even after eating a portion of what you used to eat.
– Caffeine ~ ever wonder why you get so jittery when you drink a couple of espressos? Taking in a moderate amount of caffeine helps you burn up food a little better to produce energy for your body. That doesn’t mean you should guzzle down cup after cup of coffee! Caffeine helps a little, but taking in too much will ultimately be harmful for your body
– Green Tea ~ Although green tea has some caffeine in it, research has ruled out caffeine as the only weight-loss component of green tea. Something in green tea else that hasn’t been identified by science helps increase the metabolism and fat burning rates. Guess that explains how the Japanese, with their green-tea guzzling diets, manage to keep slim.
There is no such thing as a miracle ‘lose weight vitamin’ that’ll shed off the pounds in an instant. It all boils down to getting exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, keeping your body amply supplied with the right B-complex vitamins coupled with some extra vitamins and foods will ensure that you’ll be able to help your own body to healthily lose weight.
Have you have been trying to lose weight for sometime, but you feel like you are getting no where? You are becoming frustrated and you feel that you are out of options and nowhere else to turn. Well there are ten tips that you may not have tried that you probably will need to be […]
There are many things that you can do to cut back both on your spending and your waistline. One of the easiest ways you can do so is start making small changes to your diet that will cost you little, nothing at all, or may even save you money! The great thing about trying replacement […]
You have been thinking a lot lately about wanting to lose weight, but you don’t feel that you will be able to do it on your own. Is that right? Perhaps you are looking for a diet program that will offer you support to help you lose weight. Well there are several different programs, which […]
So the Chinese have had green tea now for around 4,000 years. They’re keen with herbs and stuff, and they stick with green tea’s ability to help you lose weight. Case in point: the Japanese. Their society is literally addicted to green tea, with local demand pushing the local supply of high-grade green tea to […]