While searching for new food recipes, I found this one on how to cook a crab and corn fritter or beignet using the French name. This recipe calls for crab meat. Try it out and see if you family finds it tasty.
Ingredients:4 cups Peanut Oil, for a nutty taste with no cholesterol
3 cups flour
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 lb. lump crab meat
2 cups fresh corn, cooked
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1. Heat peanut oil in frying pot until oil reaches 350.
2. In a large bowl, blend together flour, milk, baking powder, seasoned salt, garlic, thyme, and hot sauce and stir until batter is formed.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients until all are incorporated. Be careful not to break up lumps of crab meat during the process.
4. Drop batter by the spoonful into hot grease, being careful not to splash yourself.
5. Cook beignets for 2 to 3 minutes after they float to the top of pot, flipping occasionally.
6. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Yield: Approximately 2 dozen beignets or fritters.
In summary, your family will probably enjoy these fritters and will call them by their French name, beignets, once they realize you used crab meat with corn to fix these Louisianian French Quarter food recipe.